Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Week of Improvements Continues...#5

So before I get to today's Sanity Saver Update I'd like to know what tender mercies have you seen in your life today?  I've been noticing the hand of the Lord a lot more since my little writing experiment the other night.  He's always been there and I've always loved seeing the little things He does for me because He loves ME but I recognize it more quickly lately.  It's wonderful.

A long time ago I blogged about how we saved time and money by buying big rolls of ground beef and cooking half as basic meat for spaghetti, strogenoff, chili etc...and the other half as taco meat.  Well that was super great until ground beef got super expensive.

Oddly enough our family has now switched over to ground turkey (from Aldi it's $1.69/pound, frozen) and most of the time we can't tell a difference.  Whenever I cook the turkey I ALWAYS add beef bullion.  I use the cubes with half the water the instructions call for.  Then I make sure and cook it until ALL the water has cooked out.   Works great in EVERYTHING you use ground beef in. :)  I no longer cook it ahead since it comes frozen but I'm ok with that.   (I do freeze bags of chopped onions and peppers to add at anytime.)

Check out my pinterest board and find some great ideas on make ahead meals and time saver cooking.  I thought I had good ideas....oh pinterest you have ruined me! ;)

Have a great day!
Keep it simple :)

No comments:

Post a Comment